Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bridge Over Troubled Water

I've ridden my mt. bike over this foot bridge so many times that it isn't funny.
But during an early morning ride one summer day, I rode right off the bridge and landed in the small creek below on my right hip. It was painful.
Now I tend to walk my mt. bike over most small bridges.
I can't overcome that fear of falling again.
It's funny how certain things mess up your head for life.
"Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind."
S & G

2 comments:

Judi said...

i almost always walk my bike over bridges. hate them.

the original big ring said...

The mind is a funny thing eh?

There is one spot on a faourite trail that freaks me out every time because I had a bad crash there. It's nothing difficult, just a fluke crash. But man, does it mess me up. Funny, at night when I ride it, it's not really an issue cause I forget it's coming.